Use pre-smocked, pre-hemmed fabric to create a beautiful sun dress.
This fabric comes pre-smocked and pre-hemmed. Just stitch up the side seam and you have an instant dress.
Seam allowances are ¼"
1. Measure your chest, just under the arms. Add ½" for seam allowance. This is the amount of fabric you will need to purchase.
2. If the piece of fabric is larger than you need, cut through the smocking. Then TEAR the remainder of the way so it tears on the grain of fabric. The smocking creates fullness and if you tear the fabric, your fabric will be straight.
3. Pin the raw edges, right sides together. Be sure to line up smock lines (see photo on right below).
4. Stitch the side seam, using a ¼" seam allowance.
5. Try on dress. If the fit is correct, serge or zig zag seam allowance for added security (optional).
All Patterns, images and instructions are copyright protected.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before using our patterns.