All Patterns, images and instructions are copyright protected.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before using our patterns.
Fish Block Four is made up of a square within a square. The interior square contains the fish. The outer
square contains one corner made of sand fabric.
Measures 8.5" x 8.5"
FISH BLOCK FOUR
OVERALL LAYOUT Print out a copy of the overall layout so you'll know where each block goes.
NOTE ABOUT PRINTING: Be sure your printer is set to print at 100%. If "Shrink to fit" or "Fit to page" etc. is selected,
YOUR PATTERN PIECES WILL NOT PRINT TO THE CORRECT SIZE. Every pattern page lists one or more dimensions.
CHECK YOUR PRINTED PATTERN FOR ACCURACY OF SIZE.
Fish Block Four Pattern
Our patterns download as pdf files. For instructions on downloading pdf files,
go to: pdf instructions.
1. Create center block. Stitch together the four pieces of the main body square (piece 3).
2. Create fins. Stitch pieces 1 and 2 to piece 6 (2 sets). NOTE: These are opposites. For one set, piece 1 is purple
and 2 is gold; for the other set 1 is gold and 2 is purple.
The photo at the right shows the alignment of the pieces when they are sewn (piece 6 and piece 1).
Completed fins - wrong side.
3. Stitch the main body square to a fin set. Be sure to align colors of body with fin colors.
Next, stitch the water square to the other fin set. The two halves of the fish will then be sewn together.
4. Stitch the two halves of the fish together.
5. Stitch 5A to 5B, creating the lower right triangle for the block. 5B is cut from sand fabric, 5A
is cut from water fabric. Stitch the four large outer triangles to the four sides of the fish (piece 5). The photo on the right
shows the triangles sewn into place, with piece 5B turned back.