All Patterns, images and instructions are copyright protected.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before using our patterns.
Fish Block Two is made up of a square within a square. The interior square contains the fish. The
fish itself is made up of one large striped square, and four triangles (that make up the fins), plus a square and two
triangles of water fabric. The outer square is
made up of 2 large plain triangles, and two striped triangles (the fish is swimming by a weed in the water).
Measures 8.5" x 8.5"
FISH BLOCK 2
OVERALL LAYOUT Print out a copy of the overall layout so you'll know where each block goes.
NOTE ABOUT PRINTING: Be sure your printer is set to print at 100%. If "Shrink to fit" or "Fit to page" etc. is selected,
YOUR PATTERN PIECES WILL NOT PRINT TO THE CORRECT SIZE. Every pattern page lists one or more dimensions.
CHECK YOUR PRINTED PATTERN FOR ACCURACY OF SIZE.
Fish Block Two Pattern
Our patterns download as pdf files. For instructions on downloading pdf files,
go to: pdf instructions.
1. Create body's center square. Layout pieces 3, 4 and 5. Stitch pieces 3, 4 and 5 together, forming a square.
2. Create the triangles 8 and 9. Lay out the pieces for triangle 8 and triangle 9. Stitch pieces together.
3. Create the two fin squares (made of pieces 1, 6 and 2). Lay out pieces. Stitch pieces together.
Line up piece fin and water pieces as shown on left below. NOTE: For one fin square, piece 1 is orange and piece 2 is purple. For the other
fin square, it is the opposite: piece 1 is purple and piece 2 is orange.
4. Stitch the plain water square (piece 7) to the upper fin square. Stitch the lower
fin square to the body square. Stitch the two halves together, forming the main part of the fish square.
Refer to the photos below.
5. Stitch triangles 8 and 9 to the body of the fish.
6. Stitch one piece 10 to each side of the fish. This completes the block.