Follow the layout & cutting instructions on the right for your top fabric, backing and felt or batting.
Pumpkins: Cut 2 opposites (remember to add 1/4" around the edge of your pattern) for each placemat.
This means you fold your fabric and place a the pumpkin on the fabric and cut through both layers. You will then
get two opposite pumpkins for each placemat. The pumpkins should be symetrical, but in case your printer
prints the pumpkin slightly differently on one side than the other, you will need two opposites per placemat.
Face: Cut out two eyes, nose and mouth for each placemat.
1. Lay out 6 pumpkins, one layer only. Place a set of eyes, one nose and one mouth on the right side of each pumpkin. Applique the face pieces
into place, using a satin stitch.
NOTE: You may use fusible web to attach face pieces before sewing them on. For instructions on using fusible
web, refer to: Applique Instrucions
2. Place the second layer of pumpkin over the first, right sides together. Stitch the pumpkin
layers together, leaving a small area ON ONE SIDE for turning.
3. Turn pumpkin right side out and press (one area will not be stitched - that is ok (it will be stitched later).
Make Placemat Top
1. Place one pumpkin, facing up, on right side of each placemat top. Stitch the pumpkin to
the placemat top ON SIDES ONLY. Leave the area between the "x's" open.
1. Layer your placemat as follows: Placemat back wrong side up on bottom, felt or batting over the back,
and placemat top right side up on top. Baste around edges, close to the edge.