This clever design creates a fully lined, zippered coin purse. Quick and easy to make; however zipper installation skill is necessary. Use a fat quarter for the outer shell. Fusible fleece
gives the coin purse just the right amount of stiffness.
Size approximately 5.5" x 4"
One 10" x 10" piece of fabric each for outer shell and lining
1/3 yard of 45" width fabric is enough for both outer shell and lining
OR use 1 fat quarter for outer shell.
One 10" x 10" piece of fusible fleece
One 7" zipper
Our patterns download as pdf files. For instructions on downloading pdf files,
go to: pdf instructions.
1. Use pattern to cut out one outer shell, one piece of fusible fleece and one lining.
Pattern Placement: Fold each piece of fabric in half and place
the pattern on the fold. DO NOT cut the folded edge.
2. Cut fusible fleece slightly smaller (cut about 1/8" off all the way around). Following the instructions
on the fusible fleece, fuse it to the wrong side of the lining.
3. With RIGHT sides together, stitch the lining to the outer shell; stitch all the way around, leaving area between "x" marks open (see photo on right).
4. Turn right side out. Press. Slip stitch opening closed (or machine stitch close to edge).
5. On one half of purse, stitch side "A" to adjacent side "A", right sides together. Repeat with the two sides marked "B". Repeat on other half of purse.
Turn right side out. Press all edges firmly. The coin purse is now finished, with the exception of the zipper.
6. Pin one end of the zipper to the inside of one end of the opening in the coin purse.
See photo at right.
Unzip zipper and pin the other end of the zipper into place. Then pin in the zipper all the way around the opening.
7. Use a zipper foot to stitch the zipper into place. Stitch about 1/8" away from the edge of the coin purse opening.
You might have to switch your zipper foot to the opposite side to finish stitching the zipper into place - in order to stay close to the teeth all the way around.
NOTE: I did not stitch right next to the teeth. I left about 1/8" of the zipper tape showing on each side of the teeth.
All Patterns, images and instructions are copyright protected.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before using our patterns.